With the popularity of Wifi IoT devicesthere is an increasing demand for low-cost and easy-to-use WiFi modules.ESP8266 is a new player in this field: it’s tiny (25mm x 15mm)with simple pin connectionsusing serial TX/RX to send and receive Ethernet buffersand similarlyusing serial commands toquery and change configurations of the WiFi module. This is quite convenient as it only requires two wires (TX/RX) to communicate between a microcontroller and WiFibut more importantlyit offloads WiFi-related tasks to the moduleallowing the microcontroller code to be very light-weighted.
ESP8266 (ESP-07 )Serial WIFI Transceiver Module is a cheap and easy way to connect any small microcontroller platformlike Arduinowirelessly to Internet. ESP8266 has powerful on-board processing and storage capabilities that allow it to be integrated with the sensors and other application specific devices through its GPIOs with minimal development up-front and minimal loading during runtime. Its high degree of on-chip integration allows for minimal external circuitryand the entire solutionincluding front-end moduleis designed to occupy minimal PCB area.
ESP-07 WIFI Transceiver Module is addressable over SPI and UARTmaking this an exceptionally easy choice for anyone wanting to build an Internet of Things thing. You can use AT commands to connect to WiFi networks and open TCP connections without need to have TCP/IP stack running in your own microcontroller: You can simply connect any microcontroller to this module and start pushing data up to the Internet.
- WIFI Direct (P2P)SOFT-AP
- The AT command is perfectefficientconcise
- Support three modes: APSTA and AP+STA coexistence mode the TCP/IP protocol suit
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switchbalunLNApower amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLLsregulatorsDCXO and power management units
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Power down leakage current of <10uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as application processor
- SDIO 1.1/2.0SPIUART
- STBC1×1 MIMO2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4ms guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- ESP-07: Semi hole SMT technologyall are leaded by IOwith metal shielding casesupport external IPX antenna as well as internal ceramic antenna.