The LS20031 GPS receiver is a complete GPS smart antenna receiverthat includes an embedded antenna and GPS receiver circuits. This low-cost unit outputs an astounding amount of position information 5 times a second. The receiver is based on the proven technology found in LOCOSYS 66 channel GPS SMD type receivers that use MediaTek chip solution.
The GPS smart antenna will track up to 66 satellites at a time while providing fast time-to-first-fixone-second navigation update and low power consumption. It can provide you with superior sensitivity and performace even in urban canyon and dense foliage environments. The capabilities meet the sensitivity requirements of car navigation as a well as other location-based applications.
- The datasheet for this unit states that the update rate is configurable up to 10Hz but weve found that it is most reliable at the default rate of 5Hz.
- The new version of this module uses the MT3339 MTK chipset.
- Unit does not contain a connectorhowever there are 5 bare pads you can solder to. Check out our tutorial on how to solder a right-angle 5-pin header to the pads. It s easier than you might think.
- Hacking makes the world go roundbut be careful if you decide to flash some 3rd party firmware to this module because we cannot get the original for you. If 3rd party firmware breaks your deviceaccording to the manufactureryoure on your own!
- Not sure which GPS module is right for you? Check out our GPS buying guide!